Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer 2012 approaches

There's only 3 more weeks left of school and I couldn't be more ready for a summer.
This is my second summer with Ryan.
I am looking forward to it... except for the fact that he doesn't really have a summer vacation like I do. So, I am going to be on my own for most of the days and time. I will have some long days sitting around waiting for Ryan to get home.
So, I guess it's a good time to start doing a couple things I have been holding off:
1) organizing the house
2) exercising!!!! (getting ready to run my first 5k in the fall)
3) cooking/baking
4) doing crafts
5) consistently blogging

... oh, and I guess working at my seasonal job at  Universal.

I will be honest.
This may be my final year seasonally at Universal.
As much as I enjoy the benefits... the schedule at Blue Man Group just isn't always so good for me. Getting home after midnight on days I work at BMG is not good. Mainly because I am old, my feet hurt, and I do not get to see my boyfriend AT ALL.
The summer is the time I get to relax.
Well, it's when I am supposed to relax.
But being a teacher doesn't allow for us to completely take off summer.
I have to work still to maintain my lifestyle.
I can't have a summer.
I would love to not have to work.
I would love to just stay home and see what being a house wife is all about.
(because, if you didn't know, this is my dream job)
So.
I might not make it.
I went into work once this winter and almost quit then.
So... after 5 years of loyalty it might be time to say good-bye to Universal and move on to other adventures for summer jobs. Something where I get out at a decent time of the day and can spend time with Ryan.


Summer isn't a complete waste though.
We have a couple events planned.
1) Evan's wedding cruise in June to the Caribbean.
2) Possible trip to Boston (although it's a business trip to Ryan... I may tag along)
3) Trip to see fam in NC (surprise!)
4) Spy school in NYC for my sister in law's 40th birthday

* i will be sure to share moments and memories from these trips

It's no summer 2009 (when me and John went to Europe...) but it's a summer. And i need one. I need a mental break from all the craziness my job has thrown at me this year.
A time to put the brakes on.
And focus a little more on myself, my relationship, and my future.


Oh, the house?
We are still working on it.
Getting approved for a loan is INSANE.
They need EVERY piece of information known to man. It's definitely time consuming. And for people that have little time to themselves in their days... it takes us a bit longer. But we just sent everything in and now are waiting.
...... so......
(fingers crossed)




Summer 2012... you are sooooo close.... see you soon!


No comments: