Monday, November 29, 2010

Quilt Update

So, I went to the UPS store today to ship off a bunch of John's clothes to be made into their individual quilts. I was so rushed in the process that I didn't have time to think about it. Then, once they were all in their individual boxes and secured with clear tape and address labels it hit me. I will never see these items in their original form again. And I will never see them on John's wonderful body that I loved so much.
I broke down in tears in front of the UPS guys.
They didn't really know what to say or do.
But that's ok.
It's the kind of reaction I have come to know.... and I handle it quite well. I turned around and left. I dropped off my precious valuables and put them in the hands of someone else. When I get them back they will be a memory. They will be shared with his family. They will no longer be hidden in closets, baskets or boxes. They will be a piece of comfort.

So far I have raised $550 for the quilts! Another $500 should cover the cost. Thank you once again to everyone who has donated. I have been sending out my thank you cards... so expect one if you sent in money. After the quilts come in I will post pictures and the names of everyone who donated. If you haven't donated PLEASE consider it. I have made a deposit of $500 to the company so far but they will need the other half before they can deliver the quilts in time for Christmas. I feel fortunate that I have receieved half the funds. I truly have people who care and love me. And it doesn't take a check or cash to prove so. I knew this all along. Thank you.






ilymtli.

1 comment:

Ora Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.