Sunday, November 28, 2010

the 27th of November










On November 27th 2004 I picked up the phone and dialed John's number. He picked up and I put on my brave face. I was nervous and shaky. I missed him. I really missed him. We had been separated just a few days and I found out that I couldn't stand to be away from him. So, as he answered the phone I just started with "Ok, John. Let's just make this official!"










This was something we both knew was coming.





Maybe he had known a little longer... especially since he told my friend he was in love with me after 3 months of knowing me.










And that was it. It was official. We finally could introduce ourselves as boyfriend and girlfriend. It was sort of a relief. I don't know why it took me 3 months to figure it out. I mean, there was some things we needed to get situated first. We definitely had stuff to work through... and I was a bit leary in the beginning... but I knew my decision was ok. That we were going to be a good couple.





Oh boy, was I ever right. Every month was a celebration. 1 month, 2 months, 3, 4, 5... people made fun of us all the time for celebrating the months. But why not? Celebrating loving someone is something I can always make time for. We ate out, exchanged gifts, and celebrated. I was absolutely in love. And as time went on our relationship got tighter, better, and stronger. Things that were a worry before had cleared themselves up. We made sacrifices for each other to better our relationship. That's what love is about. To sacrifice things (time, posessions, etc.) to better yourself and the one you love. To better the relationship you have together.










As we hit year one we stop celebrating months... but the year marks were always a HUGE deal. Last year John and I took a trip to Savannah, GA for our anniversary. It was a fantastic time. It was the best last anniversary to have... and I will never forget the time we spent there together.




John and I at a fountain at Forsyth Park in Savannah, GA.




Blowing out our 5 year anniversary cupcake candle!


So, yesterday was supposed to be 6 years. 6 years of being "official." Before a facebook status made you offcial. John's parents still celebrate their dating anniversary. By this anniversary we would have been married and looking forward to our first marriage anniversary. Hard to believe.. how different things are now.



John pouring a glass of wine for our 4th anniversary at our old apartment.... he surprised me with gifts and he made dinner! :)
I miss having those times to celebrate. Celebrating love. Our own special date.
It's hard to swallow the truth that I have to start all over again one day. It's hard to imagine it being anyone but John.

No comments: